Managing Director/ Executive Creative Director
Senior Designers, Producers, and across all areas of the business
Friday 13th March 2020
First round: Friday 20th March
Second Round: TBC during week of 23rd March
This position is based at our office in London, England.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop, define and communicate creative concepts to both internal teams and external partners. To lead project teams in the delivery of creative projects. To be the most senior artistic voice on a project team and to guide the project from start to finish, working as part of a triumvirate with the project’s producer and senior designer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include (but will not be limited to):
- Think: develop concepts in a range of media and disciplines both from scratch or in response to external briefs.
- Collaborate: define and select a creative team, which could include writers, composers, designers, animators, editors or architects.
- Inspire: lead your team from the front and help them to understand the purpose and meaning of the project and to gear all efforts towards the meeting of your vision.
- Interrogate: constructively critique the design and creative work of your team in relation to the brief
- Decide: take responsibility for making key decisions, whether creative, logistical or financial.
- Communicate: take responsibility for updating senior colleagues on the progress of a project.
- Represent: compellingly present your project vision to invested parties and act as an ambassador for the company.
59’s reputation and portfolio is global: the successful candidate will be required to travel internationally to develop and represent our work in multiple territories.
- Significant experience in leading complex projects, working to the highest possible standards
- Demonstrable skill and experience in creative leadership of projects; an instinct for when and how to make crucial decisions
- The artistic finesse to take a concept or brief and to develop it with key stakeholders in mind to create exceptional work
- Knowledge of creating work in different territories, with a portfolio that demonstrates a range of settings, scales and art forms
- Experience in building and managing relationships with clients and collaborators
- Experience in leading projects with an eye on both the budget and the creative
- An interest in and willingness to travel globally (see above)
- A willingness to work on weekends and evenings as required (59 operates a time off in lieu policy)
- An ability to multitask effectively and handle multiple workflows at any one time
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- An ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Language skills
- Existing network of relationships with commissioning organisations and potential clients
Please note: this is not a Company Director or Board level position. The Project Director is the leader of each discrete project that they work on, but reports to the 59 Board of Directors and sits outside the Senior Management Team.