SENIOR DESIGNER / ANIMATOR
Video Design Department
Video Design Department
£40k + p.a. subject to experience
Friday 4th May, 10am
Thursday 10th or Friday 11th May
Fixed term contract of between 6-12 months, based in our London office. Possibility of a permanent extension thereafter.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To play a primary creative role in the work of the Video Design Department, taking a senior or leading role on the design and production of a select number of medium- and long-term animation-based projects.
- Working as a project ‘Lead Designer’ in selected instances, including
- Working directly with Project Directors to analyse and interpret a client brief
- Conceiving and creating design-led responses to a brief
- Attending client-facing design meetings alongside a Project Director in order to assimilate and understand a creative brief
- Convening, facilitating and engaging in internal design discussions, reviews and critical feedback
- Undertaking and leading primary and secondary design work in response to that brief, including:
- Conceptual design
- Sketch design
- Animation (2d and 3d)
- Briefing and overseeing a small team of designers and animators on the production of design and animation work to fulfil the brief
- Orchestrating and delivering internal and client-facing design presentations
- Ensuring quality of output throughout
- Working as a supporting project designer in selected instances, under the leadership of another Lead Designer/Project Director.
- Playing an active part in senior departmental planning discussions, including developing the design and production process across the Design Studio
- Contributing to the creative and professional development of the mid-level and junior team members in the Design Studio, including possible line-management responsibilities
- Other creative and design work as reasonably required by the company
- Experienced Senior Motion Designer or Animator (preferably with at least 8-10 years’ experience)
- Advanced technical knowledge and skills within After Effects
- Advanced knowledge of at least one 3d animation package (e.g. Maya, Cinema 4d or 3DS Max)
- Experience of working on all aspects of the design and production of animation and video assets, from storyboarding, look frames and visualisations through to modelling, animating, lighting and rendering
- Experience of scripting, expressions and parametric modelling
- Experience of creatively leading a small team (up to 6 other animators of various levels).